Ryan Bolger, BA, MA-MT
Masters of Arts in Music Therapy (MA-MT) from the University of Limerick, Republic of Ireland
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Music and composition from Dublin Institute of Technology
Populations specialize with: Children with developmental and intellectual disabilities (ages 6-12), Adults with intellectual disabilities and Older adults with dementia.
Special Skills /Related Training :
- First aid level I certified
- Singing: ABRSM Grade 6
- Music Theatre: ABRSM Grade 6
Personal History: Ryan is a 26 year old Irish Music Therapist who recently moved to Canada in October (2018). Ever since Ryan could talk, he could sing. Inspired by his father’s musical career, the only path was one paved with music. So began a long and exciting journey of singing, songwriting and performing that led to a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music and composition by 2015
Moved by the work of Music Therapists across Ireland, Ryan went on to attain his Masters degree in Music Therapy in 2018.
When Ryan is not surrounded by music, he is surrounded by the outdoors. He loves hiking, gardening, climbing, running, camping and exploring this beautiful world.
- Graduated in August 2019 with a Masters degree in music therapy.
- Established a three week contract with a company called Kare (August 2018). Here I worked with two groups of children aged 3-6 with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities.
- Throughout my college placements, I have worked with various populations including children with visual impairments, children with intellectual disabilities, children with developmental disabilities, adults with intellectual disabilities and older adults with mild to severe dementia.
- Although still quite new, I look forward to a long and fulfilling professional career.
Work Philosophy: My work style revolves around a person-centred and a developmental centred approach. This involves establishing a close connection with the client in order to achieve the best results and meet our goals and objectives.
Personal Life Philosophy: My main motivation life is happiness. This includes the happiness of myself and those around me. This is the driving force of my work, social life, music career and family life.
Favourite Quote: “Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved” – Winnie the Pooh