- Music Therapist Accredited (MTA): Canadian Association of Music Therapy (CAMT)
- Music Therapist – Board Certified (MT-BC): The Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT)
- Bachelor of Music Therapy (BMT): Capilano University
- Associate of Arts (Specialization in Psychology): Douglas College
- Music Diploma (Flute, Oboe, Composition): Douglas College
Populations you specialize with: Mental Health & End of Life
Special Skills /Related Training: A green thumb.
Personal History: Avid gardener and hiker, yoga enthusiast, healthcare advocate, and proud cat mama.
Professional History: My journey into music therapy feels like a series of yearnings and unfoldings over time. Equipped with over a decade of experiences with choir ensembles and work as a private disability care attendant, and completing degrees in both music and psychology prior to studying music therapy, I felt attuned to the healing potentials of music and sought to further hone my skills and training by becoming an accredited music therapist. My Capilano University bachelors of music therapy’s education offered experiences in working with psychogeriatric clients in long-term care, neurodiverse children within the public school system, hospice care, and residential care for older adults with complex physical and mental complexities. These experiences helped shape my self and my work, and continue to guide my beliefs and practice.
Work Philosophy: My music therapy work is humanistic and client-centered, with strong social justice and anti-oppressive influences – we are often our best resources.
Favourite Quote: “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss